Hey guys! Today I am going to share a super fresh and simple sautéed okra and egg recipe with you. Let’s get started!
When making stir-fry dishes with egg, I like cooking the egg separately to maintain the eggs tenderness and avoid over-cooking.
I sautéd the ginger and pepper until fragrant and release their taste to the oil.
The seasonings is real simple. A bit of salt, soy sauce and sesame oil will do. Let the natural taste shine.
I could easily finish this entire dish by myself with a bowl of rice. If you are looking for a simple yet tasty okra recipe, this might be the one for you!
I hope you enjoy making sautéed okra and egg at home. Leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts about this recipe or share it with your friends and family! Till next time!
- half pound okra, about 10-12
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 slice of ginger, cut into match-stick size
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil for stir-frying
- For seasoning:
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
- half a tablespoon soy sauce
- half a tablespoon sesame oil
- Bring a medium pot of water into boiling, cook okra in water for 1 minute, remove from pot, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Slice the Okra into thick slices.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl, toss in a touch of salt, sugar and add about 1 tablespoon of water, beat the egg mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, pour in the egg mixture and wait until the egg starts to set, pull the egg across the pan, forming large soft curds (scrambled egg), set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan, sauté the ginger and pepper until fragrant.
- Add the okra, stir fry for 1 minute and then add in the egg.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, and sesame oil, cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate to serve.