Oyster mushroom is my favorite kind of mushroom. It has a delicate flavor with a tender texture. Seeing the kale chips in the grocery store the other day, inspired me to use vegetables to make snacks at home. Today I am going to share with you guys this fried oyster mushroom recipe that my mom used to make when I was a kid.
I started with making a simple batter by mixing the flour, egg, water and salt. Then I stir in a little bit of the mushrooms into the container and evenly coat the mushrooms with the batter.
When the frying starts, I first used medium-low heat to make sure the mushroom is cooked through.
After that, I fished out the mushrooms to drain and then throw them back into the pan to continue frying with medium-high heat to get the crispy and crunchy surface.
The only seasoning I used for this dish is salt and pepper. After frying, the mushroom has a meaty flavor and tastes like bacon. I finished the entire plate this afternoon by eating them as a snack 🙂
Below is how I made this dish step-by-step. The total time needed is about 40 minutes.I hope you enjoy making this super delicious fried mushroom at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 pound oyster mushroom
- 1 cup oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- For the batter:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour, egg, water and salt well in a container and set aside.
- Coat the mushrooms with the batter and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat, carefully add in 1/3 of the mushrooms and fry for about 7-8 minutes.
- Fish the mushrooms out of the pan and turn to medium-high heat, add the mushrooms back into the pan to fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Continuing with the process until all of the mushrooms have been fried.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper to serve.