Stir-fried “Garlic Pea Shoots” is a very common and popular vegetable dish in China. It’s got great flavor and super easy to make. Today, I am going to share with you how to make this healthy dish at home in ten minutes! Let’s jump right in.
I am a firm believer that the key to making a delicious dish is to use fresh ingredients. I feel this is especially the case when making a vegetarian dish. Because a vegetarian dish’s flavor relies more on the ingredient itself than seasoning.
Above is a picture of all the ingredients we are going to need to make this dish : half a pound fresh pea shoots and a couple slices of garlic.
To make this dish, I first stirred fried the pea shoots under medium-high heat for about one to two minutes when it starts to get soft. Then, I added in a little bit salt and soy sauce for seasoning and kept stir fried for another one to two minutes until cooked through. The total cooking time was only about five minutes.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish. The total time needed is about 10 minutes!I hope you enjoy making this fresh and healthy garlic pea shoots at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- half a pound pea shoots
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- (Yup, that's it!)
- Heat oil in a pan, add in the garlic and cook for about 1 minutes until fragrant.
- Carefully add in the pea shoots and stir fry for about 2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the salt, soy sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and serve.