Today I am going to share a Garlic Sauce Romaine Lettuce with you guys. It’s healthy and flavorful, and the best part is that it takes only 15 minutes to make.
This dish is a traditional Chinese vegetarian recipe. I updated this recipe by using romaine lettuce instead of iceberg lettuce.
First, I brought a pot of salted water to boil, then I put the lettuce into the water and cooked for a minute. Once they have turned slightly soft, I picked them out and placed on a plate.
Next, I moved on to make the garlic sauce. First, I sautéd the grated garlic over medium-low heat until they are fragrant, then I added in oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water and simmer until the sauce starts to bubble. Finally, I poured in the starch water to thicken the sauce.
When the garlic sauce is done, I poured the sauce onto the romaine lettuce to finish making this dish.
If you like romaine lettuce and are looking for more ways to cook this yummy vegetable, this Garlic Sauce Romaine Lettuce would be a nice recipe to try. And I guarantee you’ll like it.
Here is an overview of how I made the Garlic Sauce Romaine Lettuce in 15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy making this easy garlic sauce romaine lettuce at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 2 stalks romaine lettuce, separate leaves from stems
- For blanching the lettuce:
- a pinch of salt
- few drops of oil
- Garlic Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- half a cup water
- Thickener for sauce:
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water in a small container, set aside.
- Whisk potato starch with water to serve as thickener later, set aside.
- Fill a pot with water, add in some salt and oil, bring to boil over high heat.
- Cook the romaine lettuce for a minute, remove immediately, drain well and place on a plate.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, sauté the garlic until fragrant, add in oyster sauce mixture, stir occasionally while cooking until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Pour starch water around the pan, mix and cook a bit more until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Dress the romaine lettuce with garlic sauce and enjoy!