Scrambled egg not only is great for breakfast but can be used to make healthy stir fry dishes as well. This scrambled egg vegetable stir fry takes 20 minutes to make, can be served with rice, noodle or as a side. It’s another low-effort recipe for preparing a quick weeknight meal.
I used green pepper, carrot, garlic and enoki mushroom for the vegetable ingredients. I chose them for a balanced combination of different colors and textures.
However, this is just an example. This recipe embraces flexibility. Ingredients can be changed based on your needs and what’s available at hand.
Even thought this recipe is pretty simple and straightforward. There are still rules to follow.
- Make the scramble egg separately or push the other ingredients on one side of the pan when making the egg. We don’t want the egg to stick together with the other ingredients before it sets.
- Cook the crunchy vegetables such as carrot and pepper first, mushroom later. Enoki mushroom is a very delicate ingredient and cooks fast, I added it last.
When all the ingredients are in, simply use salt and soy sauce for seasoning. I really enjoy the natural flavor of these ingredients. When I make this dish, I don’t normally use overpowering seasonings.
I hope you enjoy making Scrambled Egg Vegetable Stir Fry. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 long green pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed and cleaned (or your choice of mushroom)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat, pour in the egg, wait for the egg to set and then break it into small pieces with a spatula, stir fry for another 30 seconds until fragrant, set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons oil into the pan, stir in the carrot and green pepper, stir fry for 1-2 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add enoki mushrooms and garlic slices into the pan and toss in some salt and soy sauce, stir fry for 2-3 minutes and mix well.
- Add the egg back into the pan, cook for another minute and serve.