A couple months ago, I posted a “Korean Style Pan-fried Pork Belly” recipe and received a lot of positive feedback! Today, I am excited to share another pork belly recipe with you guys. This “Pork Belly and Mushroom” tastes great and is also very easy-to-make. I am sure you guys will like it as well.
The ingredients for the dish is very simple: pork belly, mushroom, peppers and garlic. For the mushroom, I used King Oyster Mushroom. It’s woody, sweet flavor and firm texture, matches great with the pork belly. You could find them easily in most of the Asian markets.
First, I blanched the pork belly to get rid of excessive fat. After that, I pan-fried the pork belly until they are browned and have a crispy edge. The pork belly will release a lot of fat during the cooking process, I discarded half of the oil and use the other half for stir frying the rest of the ingredients.
It is one of my favorite stir-fried pork belly recipes. The seasoning is simple, ingredients are convenient to find, and only takes less than 30 minutes to make.
I can’t wait to enjoy this dish with a bowl of white rice. I hope you guys will try it out sometime and I am confident you guys will like this savory tasty dish!
I hope you enjoy making this tasty pork belly and mushroom at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1/2 pound pork belly
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red long pepper, sliced
- 1 green long pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped for topping
- 1 small Thai red hot chili pepper, cut into small pieces for topping at the end(very spicy, optional)
- For seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Bring a large pot of water into boil over high heat, carefully add in the pork belly, cook for about 5 minutes (to help get rid of excessive oil), remove the pork belly, drain well and cut into thick slices.
- While the pork belly has been cooked in the water, mix dark soy sauce, sugar, cooking wine and water, set aside for later use.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat without adding oil, place the pork belly onto the pan, pan-fry for about 5 minutes until browned. (Pork belly will release a lot of oil during the cooking process, I discarded half of the oil and left the other half for stir-frying the other ingredients later when making this dish)
- Stir in the king oyster mushroom, green and red peppers stir fry for about 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Add in the garlic, cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the sauce made earlier, stir fry for another 2 minutes until sauce is thoroughly mixed into the other ingredients.
- Top with chopped cilantro and red hot chili (optional) to serve!