Green Bean and Tofu With Ground Pork Stir Fry is the star recipe I want to share with you this week. Packed with flavors and easy to prepare, are the reasons why I highly recommend it. I hope you’ll like this recipe as much as I do.
Allow me to introduce the ingredients. PS: They are all very easy to find at the grocery store!
To make this dish at home, you’ll need: ground pork (marinated with soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar and potato starch), green beans, firm tofu, red bell pepper, garlic and green onion.
At the cooking stage, the first step is pan-fry the tofu and ground pork and set them aside. After cutting the tofu into 1-inch cubes, I pan-fried them with a little bit of oil till they were golden and crisp on all sides.
It took about ten minutes. For this recipe, I recommend using firm or extra firm tofu.
They doesn’t crumble and are easy to chop and pan-fry. Before I add the tofu cubes into the pan, I fully dried them with a paper towel so that it will splatter less in the pan.
When I make a stir-fry dish, I’d always start with sautéing the garlic or green onion and allow them to release their wonderful flavor into the oil.
The trick is using oil that’s hot (below smoking point) and sauté for a short amount of time. It normally takes about 30 seconds to a minute. As soon as you can smell the fragrance, you can add other ingredients to the pan. In this dish’s case, I added the green bean and red pepper into the pan to stir-fry.
Remember the cooked tofu and ground pork we’ve previously cooked and set aside? It’s time to add them in as well!
After tossing in soy sauce and salt to season and a quick stir fry to make sure all ingredients are heated and the seasoning are evenly distributed, this dish is ready and should be served while hot.
No better combo than this dish and cooked rice. Plain rice does really well to absorb the bold flavor of this dish! If there’s a bowl of oyster mushroom soup to complete this meal, that would be perfect!
Are you looking for another recipe with ground pork as the main ingredient? I think you’ll like this Thai basil minced pork ! It’s also easy-to-assemble and full of flavor.
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty green bean and tofu with ground pork recipe.
Leave a comment to let us know your thoughts about this recipe or share it with your friends and family! Till next time!
Green Bean and Tofu with Ground Pork Stir Fry
Author: Spice the Plate
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed and chopped into 1-inch long pieces
- ½ pound ground pork
- ¼ pound firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- cilantro for topping (optional)
- Marinate ground pork:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon oil for pan fry the tofu cubes
- salt to taste
- soy sauce to taste
- Marinate ground pork with soy sauce, cooking wine, sugar and potato starch for 10 minutes.
- Heat a bit of oil over medium heat, pat the tofu cubes dry with a paper towel before carefully adding them to the pan.
- Pan fry the tofu cubes for 10 minutes or until all sides are crisp and browned, set aside for later use.
- Add in the marinated ground pork and stir with a spatula, make sure there's no clumping and allow it to cook for five minutes or until no longer pink.
- Set the ground pork aside and leave the oil released during cooking in the pan for stir frying use later.
- Stir in garlic and green onion, sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add green beans and red peppers to the pan, stir fry 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add previously ground pork and tofu cubes to the pan and toss in salt and soy sauce to taste. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes and stir to make sure the seasonings are distributed evenly.
- Transfer to a plate and top with cilantro to serve and enjoy while hot!
Seasoning to taste : to salt some, give it a try, salt again if necessary.