Today I am going to share a delicious Mongolian Beef Stir Fry recipe with you guys. If you like flavorful, tender, juicy beef (who doesn’t), this is the recipe for you. As always, this dish is very easy to make and I’ll explain in detail how I cooked this popular Asian recipe. Let’s get started!
To begin, I marinated a pound of beef flank steak (cut it into thick slices first) with oil, cooking wine, potato starch, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, salt and ground black pepper for at least half an hour (an hour is ideal). This gives the beef plenty time to fully absorb the flavors from the seasonings. Marinating the beef beforehand is the key to the success of this dish.
Now that the preparation has been completed, it’s cooking time. First, I sautéd garlic, ginger and onion to release their fragrant into the oil. Next, I stir fried the beef till it has just changed color. When heat under high heat, it takes only two to three minutes for the beef to be cooked.
To make sure the beef is tender and juicy, we need to act fast and pay attention to the changes of the ingredient when stir frying. After the beef has just stopped appearing pink, immediately add in the scallion, oyster sauce and sugar. It will only take less than a minute for the scallion to turn soft. When it does, remove the dish from heat and serve while hot.
Sprinkle on top roasted sesame seeds and then served with rice, the tender beef bites with a hint of spice from the scallion won’t let you down. If you are planing an Asian dinner night for your family, I recommend making a stir fry and give this Mongolian beef recipe a try.
Here is an overview of how I made the Mongolian beef stir fry.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty Mongolian beef stir fry at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 pound beef flank steak, cut into thick slices
- 4 stalks scallion, cut into long strips
- ¼ medium white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2-3 slices ginger
- a handful of roasted sesame seeds for topping
- For marinating:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 1.5 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For seasoning:
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix oil, cooking wine, potato starch, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, salt and ground black pepper in a container and marinate the beef with the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a quarter cup worth of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, sauté ginger and garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the onion, stir fry for a minute.
- Turn to high heat and add in the beef, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until changed color and cooked through.
- Add in green onion and season with oyster sauce and sugar, stir fry for a minute.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds to serve.