Today I am going to share a delicious Thai Basil Minced Pork recipe with you guys! Whenever I eat at a Thai restaurant, I almost always end up ordering this dish. I love it because it’s such a simple dish but still full of flavor. I can’t wait to show you how to make this at home. Now let’s get started!
I stir-fried the ground pork with oil for a couple of minutes until they were no longer pink and cooked through. Then transferred the pork into a bowl and set aside. Then, I sautéed the garlic until it became fragrant and stir-fried the peppers and onion.
A minute or two later, when the peppers and onion have turned soft, I added the ground pork and basil leaves into the pan and seasoned the dish with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
After adding in the seasonings, I gave the dish a quick stir-fry under high heat. Before serving, I drizzled some lime juice and placed a few fresh basil leaves on top to garnish.
I like to enjoy this dish with a bowl of rice. The simplicity of the white rice combines very well with the bold flavors of this dish and breaks up the richness of the fried pork.
You can substitute brown rice, or a boiled noodle stir-fried in with this dish, but I like white rice the best. Adding an accompanying starch will also help you extend this meal to feed multiple people.
Here is an overview of how I made the Thai Basil Minced Pork in 16 minutes.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty Thai basil minced pork at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir in the ground pork, stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until changed color, remove from pan and set aside (leave oil in the pan).
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, then stir in green, red pepper and onion, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pork back into the pan, and toss in the Thai basil leaves.
- Season with fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar, turn to medium-high heat and stir fry for a minute.
- Drizzle with lime juice and serve.