Today I am going to share a perfect cold noodle recipe for the hot summer days. This cold noodles with tuna and kimchi has great texture and tastes delicious especially after spending sometime in the fridge and enjoy.
As always, this dish is very quick to assemble. And the best part is, you don’t need to stand in front of the hot stove for more than 5 minutes to make yourself or your family a nice, tasty dish that’s great for lunch or dinner.
Let me start by introducing the ingredients: Noodle of your choice (I used Japanese Kan-Ton noodle here), canned tuna, cucumber and kimchi. Whether to use a egg is optional, unless you like to put a poached egg on top.
First, I cook the noodles, rinse them under cold water and drain well. To save time, I usually make the sauce while boiling the water for cooking the noodle. I added Korean hot pepper paste, sugar, rice vinegar, water, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds into a container and whisked them together into a sauce. After that, I simply mix the noodles well with the sauce by using a chopstick.
Now, it’s time to add in the rest of the ingredients: tuna, cucumber and kimchi. Give everything a good mix and sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds, this dish is ready to be enjoyed!
Below is a overview of how to make this dish. The total time needed is less than 15 minutes.I hope you enjoy making this tasty cold noodles with tuna and kimchi at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1 serving thin Kan-Ton noodle (feel free to use other types of noodles)
- half a cup chopped kimchi
- half a cucumber, shredded
- 1 serving canned tuna (about 60g)
- 1 egg (optional)
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles according to instruction (depending on which type of noodle you choose to use, instructions may be different), rinse under cold water, drain well and set aside.
- Mix Korean hot pepper paste, sugar, vinegar, water, sesame oil and sesame seeds well to serve as the sauce and pour onto the noodle.
- Add tuna, kimchi and cucumber and mix all the ingredients well.
- Poach a egg to place on top of to serve (optional).