This healthy pork fried rice is loaded with fresh ingredients and can be made in just 15 minutes! Who said healthy and delicious can’t go hand in hand?
Over the years, I have made many different versions of fried rice. Because this recipe is super versatile! You probably have most of the ingredients in the fridge already, making a fried rice is a great way to clear out the fridge.
To make the fried rice, I used: pork, egg, carrot, red pepper, broccoli, onion and leftover rice. You can use other types of protein or veggies that’s available, no need to make a trip to the grocery store!
For seasonings, all this dish requires are salt, pepper and soy sauce. Real simple! We want just enough seasoning but not overpowering, so the natural flavors of the ingredients could shine through.
Besides easy to prepare, being budget friendly is certainly another bonus. To create a filling and satisfying meal for your whole family, it usually costs less than ten dollars.
My favorite way of enjoying the pork fried rice is with a bowl of miso soup and a small plate of pickled vegetable as sides. In our house, home-cooked fried rice always beats take-out.
I hope you enjoy making this Healthy Pork Fried Rice at home. If you like this recipe, please leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup ½-inch pork cubes
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup broccoli in small pieces
- 2 cups leftover rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- a handful of toasted sesame seeds or chopped scallion for topping
- Heat oil until shimmering, pour in the egg, as it begins to set, make scrambled eggs and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the pork cubes, cook 1-2 minutes under medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Add in carrots, peppers and broccoli, stir fry 2-3 minutes until slightly turned soft.
- Stir in rice, stir to mix well and toss in salt, black pepper and soy sauce to season.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes until the rice is heated through and the seasonings are evenly distributed.
- Add the red onion in the end, stir fry for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds or scallion to serve.
Did we use the aggs?
And how many calories is this?????
Hello there! Two quick questions, what type of oil, and how much of it? Thank you so much looking forward to the recipe.
I made this with Chicken and it was very easy to make and delicious. I served it with vegetable spring rolls. When I made it I forgot to add up the calories so it would be great to know the calories when you post recipes. I used avocado oil when I made and I was wondering if you’ve made this with sesame oil or any other type of oil.