Today I want to share a delicious and super easy bacon with snow peas stir fry recipe with you. I used only four simple ingredients: bacon, snow peas, mushroom and garlic to make this dish.
To start, I cooked the bacon over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until the fat is released and the bacon is crisp and browned. I then put the bacon slices on paper towel to soak up excessive oil and chopped them into small pieces to set aside.
Next, I boiled the snow peas with hot water for just one or two minutes, drain and let sit. Sautéd the garlic (half, one tablespoon worth) until they are crisp and set aside for garnish use at the end.
Once the bacon and snow peas are cooked, making the actual stir fry only takes a few minutes! First, I stirred in the other half minced garlic, once they are fragrant, I added the mushrooms into the pan. When the mushrooms appear to have turned soft, I stirred in the snow peas and seasoned the dish with salt, soy sauce and black pepper.
Crispy bacon and garlic were added at the end, after stir frying for another minute, I removed the dish from heat and served with rice. I love the flavor and texture of this dish, it is one of my favorite ways to enjoy snow peas.
Here is an overview of how I made this bacon with snow peas in less than 30 minutes, see recipe below.
I hope you enjoy making this tasty bacon with snow peas at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 pound snow peas, rinse and trim the ends off
- 5-6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- For seasoning:
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- a touch of black pepper
- Lay the bacon slices on a cold pan, turn to medium-low heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side until crispy and browned, drain the oil, place them on paper towel, chopped and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water into boiling under high heat, cook the snow peas for 1-2 minutes, drain well and set aside.
- In a skillet, drizzle with a touch of oil, stir in half of the minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes under medium-low heat until browned and crispy, set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan, stir in the rest of the garlic, stir fry for about 30 seconds before throwing in the mushrooms, sauté for 1-2 minutes until the mushrooms have turn soft.
- Add snow peas into the pan, toss in a touch of salt, some soy sauce as well as black pepper, stir fry a bit more to mix well.
- Toss in the chopped bacon and toasted garlic, cook for another 1 minute to serve.