Vietnamese cuisine like to put bean sprouts in their noodle soup dish called pho, while Chinese people prefer to use bean sprouts to make a variety of stir-fry dishes. This beef and bean sprouts dish is a good example of it.
You could replace the beef with pork or chicken, no matter what kind of meat you use, the cooking method will be almost the same.
My personal preference is to have the bean sprouts to be soft at the end, if you like them to be crunchy, then feel free to reduce the cooking time by a little bit.
Below is a summary of how I made this dish with pictures.I hope you enjoy making this tasty beef and bean sprouts at home. If you like this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and share it with your friends!
- 1/5 pound beef steak, cut into fine strips
- 1 pound bean sprouts, washed and let dry
- 2 red long hot peppers
- 1 green long hot pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 ginger slices
- For marinating the beef :
- a touch of salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablspoon cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon potato starch
- a touch of black pepper
- For seasoning:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- a touch of black pepper to taste
- Massage the beef with salt, soy suace, cooking wine, potato starch and black pepper mixture and marinting for about 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in the beef and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the beef has changed color, set aside.
- Turn to medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan and stir in the garlic and hot long peppers, cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Carefully add the bean sprounts into the pan and sitr fry for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Toss in the salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce and add the beef back into the pan, stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a touch of black pepper and serve.