This week I am sharing a tasty 10-minute Pumpkin and Enoki Mushroom Salad recipe!
I am a big fan of enoki mushroom. They are easy to cook and very versatile. Adding them to a stew or making a stir-fry is my favorite way to use this ingredient in the winter. When summer is just around the corner, I can’t think of a better way to cook enoki mushroom than making a fresh and delicious salad.
This is another effortless recipe that’s gonna help you appreciate home-cooked food without spending hours in the kitchen.
Here are the ingredients needed to make this salad: shredded pumpkin, enoki mushroom, and chopped green onion.
Pretty simple, isn’t it?
Cooking is also a piece of cake!
First, I added one teaspoon salt and drizzled a few drops of oil into four cups of water and brought to boil over high heat.
Once the water starts to boil, I added in the pumpkin and enoki mushroom and let them cook for about two minutes.
Two minutes later, the ingredients were cooked. So I drained the water and transferred them to a bowl.
As far as the seasoning for this salad goes, less is more!
Seasoned with just sugar, Chinese vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil will create a balanced flavor and allow you to taste the natural sweetness of the pumpkin and the delicate flavor of the enoki.
Chopped scallion and peanuts are also essential to this salad recipe. They help provide texture and improve flavor.
If you would like to add a spicy kick to this simple salad. Sriracha sauce is your friend. Simply drizzle them on top and mix well, you are ready to dig in!
You can also use this 10-minute pumpkin and enoki mushroom salad to create a rice bowl for a complete meal.
For today’s lunch, I added a few slices of pan-seared ribeye on top of the salad. Together, I placed them over purple rice, a nutritious-balanced and flavorful lunch combo were good to go!
I hope you enjoy this simple and tasty 10-minute pumpkin and enoki mushroom salad recipe. Your support and feedback mean a lot to me.
If you could leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts about this recipe, that would be really helpful to me.
Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends if you like it. Cheers and see you next time!
- 1 package enoki mushroom, rinsed and cut off the stem at the end
- 1.5 cups shredded pumpkin
- 4 cups water, seasoned with 1 teaspoon of salt and a few drops of oil
- a handful of freshly chopped green onion
- a handful of chopped peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- Bring water to boil over high heat.
- Blanch shredded pumpkin and enoki mushrooms for 2 minutes or until cooked, stir occasionally.
- Drain well with a mesh strainer, transfer to a bowl to set aside.
- Season with sugar, Chinese vinegar, soy sauce and mix well.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped green onion on top.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until close to smoking.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour the hot oil directly over the green onion.
- Top with chopped peanuts to serve and enjoy!
- Add a few drops of sriracha sauce, if you want to add a spicy kick to the salad.